Famagusta AssociationHistory of the Famagusta Association of Great Britain
The association was formed back in the 1980s to bring together Famagustians and friends of Famagusta, but also to act as a pressure group for the return of the Town to its rightful owners.
The Association has played an effective role both within the Cypriot Community here in the UK but also in highlighting the unique circumstances surrounding the Turkish occupation of the town of Famagusta to successive UK governments and the EU. It has also maintained a close link with the Municipality of Famagusta. The association is non-party political.
The association's objectives are:
- To represent our Association on the political front concerning Famagusta. in the United Kingdom, Europe and Cyprus
- To Lobby Governments and other Organisations on the Cyprus and Famagusta issue
- To update our members on the latest political developments concerning Famagusta
- To increase effective communication between our members through organising cultural and social events.
- To keep members informed of the Association's activities
- To keep the resolve of returning to Famagusta alive and pass it on to the next generation.
You can visit their website at: www.famagusta.org.uk